Please read this information from JCP&L:
- Tropical Storm Hermine UpdateJersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) is closely monitoring the developing weather conditions associated with Tropical Storm Hermine. JCP&L is prepared to activate its storm response plan and Incident Command System structure. Should Hermine impact JCP&L’s service area, the company is prepared to:
· Bring in additional line, substation and forestry personnel
· Staff additional dispatchers and analysts at regional dispatch offices
· Move resources to impacted areas
· Hold update calls with officials
· Secure additional hazard responders
· Arrange staging sites for crews if necessary
The company is also reinforcing substations in flood prone areas with protective devices and ensuring that all locations have sufficient equipment and fuel available.
In the event outages occur, customers without power are encouraged to call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) to report their outage, or click the “Report Outage” link on www.firstenergycorp.com. In the event of severe weather, customers should immediately report downed wires to their utility, or call their local police or fire department.
JCP&L reminds customers to stay away from downed wires, even if they believe they are no longer carrying electricity. Extra caution should be used in areas where downed lines are tangled with trees or other debris. Motorists are cautioned to treat intersections with inoperable traffic signals as four-way stops.
JCP&L customers can also subscribe to email and text message alert notifications to receive weather updates in advance of major storms and updates on scheduled or extended power outages. Customers can also use two-way text messaging to report outages, request updates on restoration efforts and make other inquiries about their accounts. More information about these communication tools is available online atwww.firstenergycorp.com/