Thank you to everyone for their understanding, patience and support as we navigate this unique and challenging time. The well-being of our Associates and Guests continues to remain our most important priority, and we wanted to take a moment to quickly share all we’re doing to keep our communities safe as well as ask for your help in communicating some other helpful messages to our neighbors.
- On an hourly basis, Associates are disinfecting common touch-points, pin-pads, and work areas throughout the store.
- Each night, closing managers are disinfecting all high-frequency touchpoints, food prep areas, bathrooms, and break-rooms.
- After the store is disinfected, our floor care company comes into wash, rinse and sanitize all work equipment and spaces.
- Twice weekly, each store undergoes a “fogging” service with an EPA certified disinfectant and virucide that is safe for human exposure. They disinfect all high touch areas, prep surfaces, handbaskets and carts.
- The Blue Squares for Social Distancing program helps Customers and Associates to maintain six-foot distances from each other as recommended by the CDC.
- As another measure to assist with social distancing, we’ve reduced occupancy by 70% to limit the maximum number of customers in the store at any given time.
- We have installed plexiglass shields at all registers, Guest Services, and Pharmacies to further protect our Associates and Guests when social distancing isn’t possible.
- We have increased our grab-and-go options as we’ve closed service counters to ensure proper social distancing between Associates and Guests.
- We have adjusted store hours to accommodate for the well-being of our elderly and high-risk customers, as well as our Associates.
- We have implemented new bagging procedures. If Customers bring their own bags they need to bag their own groceries. Our Associates will only bag with store-provided bags.
- We are offering masks to all associates who choose to wear them.
Let’s work together to reduce store crowding so we can all stay 6-feet apart.
- “Shop Solo” – Let’s work together to reduce store crowding. When you shop solo and keep your family home it’s easier for all of us to stay six-feet apart. One small change can help us all.
- “Shopping off-peak” – Our busiest times are from opening until 12pm. Avoid lines and wait
- Avoid unnecessary trips, plan ahead and shop just once each week.
- We will be closed Easter Sunday (4/12) so that our team of heroes can take a much-deserved break. In order to make sure we don’t have a surge of last-minute shoppers before the closure, please urge people to shop over the few days leading up to Sunday. We will reopen Monday morning (4/13).
- We’ve also extended our holiday item redemption period through May 9th! The additional time is meant to put customers as ease so they do not have to rush into the store to pick up their ham or turkey. There are a few more weeks left for you to redeem!
times by shopping at off-peak hours. We’re stocking our shelves throughout the day so you can get what you need.
We are so proud of our team of 7,000 heroes who remain dedicated to servicing the community and provide this essential service during this difficult time, and we want to do everything we can to keep everyone protected.