The Chester Borough Municipal Court
Township of Chester Municipal Building
1 Parker Road
Chester NJ 07930
Susan Travis, Court Administrator – Phone: 908-879-5100
Judge: Glenn T. Gavan, JMC
Prosecutor: Brian W. Mason, Esq.
Public Defender: Forster, Arbore and Velez
ADA Coordinator: Susan Travis, CMCA
Forms of Payment: Check, cash or money order. Some traffic fines can be paid online through the MVC website.
Send adjournment requests, attorney letters, etc. via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Mendham Borough Municipal Court
Washington Township Municipal Building
43 Schooleys Mountain Road
Long Valley NJ 07853
Jan Simonetti, Court Administrator – Phone: 908-876-3852
Judge: Frank P. Leanza
Prosecutor: Maryann McCoy
Public Defender: John P Velez, Esq
ADA Coordinator: Jan Simonetti, CMCA
Forms of Payment: Check, cash, money order, and credit card (Visa/Mastercard/Discover)
We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States and this State.
Required to accomplish our mission are four paramount values representing the core of what we stand for as an organization:
- Quality Service
Payments through the mail should be made in the form of check or money order. DO NOT MAIL CASH. Please print your complaint and summons number on the front of your check or money order. If you wish a receipt, please forward a stamped self-addressed envelope along with your payment. A lockbox is located at the front door of the municipal building so payments may be made at any time after hours. Also, a lockbox is located inside the building next to the violations bureau window.
Local Violations Bureau Schedule
|175-9||No parking fire zones||$54.00|
|175-12||Vehicle to operate in traffic lanes only||$85.00|
|175-13||No stopping or standing||$54.00|
|175-14||Parking in marked lines only||$54.00|
|175-16||One-way traffic lanes||$85.00|
|175-17||Failure to keep right||$85.00|
|175-19||Speed limits in shopping centers|
|225-3.G||No stopping or standing||$54.00|
- All motor vehicle accidents resulting in personal injury and handicap parking violations are MANDATORY COURT APPEARANCES.
- If the offense that you have been charged with occurred in either a 65 mph zone or a construction zone, please contact the Municipal Court to determine the amount of the fine.
- POINTS ARE ASSESSED ON MOVING VIOLATIONS BY THE NEW JERSEY DIVISION OF MOTOR VEHICLES NOT THE MUNICIPAL COURT.
- Please make sure we have your current proper mailing address. If we try to contact you with information on your case and your address is wrong, it may result in a failure to appear notice and warrant being issued for your arrest.
- CRIMINAL COMPLAINTS – Criminal complaints must be filed in person with the Court Administrator. An affidavit surrounding the incident for which the complaint is requested will need to be completed to determine if there is probable cause for the issuance of the complaint. The Municipal Court is not allowed to do lookups or give you any information about the person you are filing the complaint against or advise you on the statutes you wish to sign against the other person. If you are unsure about what you want to charge the other person with, we suggest you contact an attorney before coming to the court.
- Please be advised that no adjournments will be granted the day of court. If you have an emergency, contact the court the following morning. Proof of the emergency will be REQUIRED.
- OTHER QUESTIONS – For additional information, please contact the court at the above address or telephone number.