Morris County has moved to a new emergency alert system called Alert<Morris. In our towns, it is called AlertChester.
WithAlertChester, you can receive emergency alerts by email, text, phone, or whichever method of communication you prefer.
Sign Up for free at: https://www.smart911.com/smart911/ref/reg.action?pa=AlertChester
If you were a member of the County’s old notification system, Everbridge, your information was forwarded to AlertChester. But we ask that you register again, so we are sure to have captured everyone in the new system. Registered users will receive periodic e-mails from Smart911 to update their contact information.
Alert Chester automatically signs you up for Smart911 which provides you and your family with potentially life-saving Smart911, which is an important and free emergency 9-1-1 call component for those jurisdictions (including Morris County) who’s 9-1-1 center utilizes this product.
Working with Rave Mobile Safety, the county first rolled out Smart911 in late 2017:
Smart 911 isFREE, and your information is secure, accessible only to a 9-1-1 call taker. This service can provide key information to responders that can make your family safer. For example:
- Address Details: How to access your home, number of bedrooms, location of utility shut-offs, and if you live in a multi-family building;
- Family Details: Number of residents, ages, photos of children, and your landline and mobile phone numbers;
- Medical Information: Medical conditions of certain residents, medications taken/required, allergies, mobility of residents, and if special equipment is needed in an emergency;
- Animals: A list of your pets, service animals and livestock, and their names so responders are aware of them as they enter your home. Also, include the name of your veterinarian;
- Emergency Contacts: Family members, friends or neighbors to be contacted in case of an emergency;
- Vehicles: Make, model and license plate number in case of a motor vehicle accident
Residents can offer as much or as little information to first responders through Smart911 as they wish.
Alerts on Social Media
Chester Police media alert accounts on Facebook and Twitter are Chester Police NJ and @ChesterPoliceNJ.
Morris County’s social media alert accounts on Facebook and Twitter, @MCUrgent, also have changed their names to @AlertMorris. Get updates from OEM and multi-jurisdictional emergency alerts through your favorite social media platform! If you’d already signed up for @MCUrgent, there’s nothing to do – you’ll see @AlertMorris in your Twitter and Facebook feeds. Otherwise, follow @AlertMorris today!
Residents of the Chesters can now sign up for Smart 911. With this service, regardless of whether you call from your home phone or your cell phone, first responders will be made aware of any information that might help you in the event of an emergency. This information might include medical needs, emergency contacts, specifics about your home, pets, and/or vehicles. Click here to view a Power Point presentation about what this service offers and how you can sign up.
The Swift911 Web Portal allows you register your contact information to allow you to be notified during an emergency or official outreach. If this is the first time using this portal, please register by clicking on the “Register Now!” button. Once you have filled out the online registration form and confirmed your email address you are registered to receive alerts. If you have already registered on this web portal and are returning to update your contact information, please sign in using the email address you used to register and the password you created during the registration process. If you no longer wish to receive alerts, please click on the appropriate unsubscribe link (Phone Calls, E-Mails, Text Messages). If you prefer to register with a paper form, click here.