The Bernards Township Health Department has scheduled 2019 Seasonal Flu Shot Clinics in October. All clinics are open to those 4 years old through adults and no appointment is needed. All flu shots are quadrivalent which combats four flu viruses.
Five clinics will be held from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. on:
- Wednesday, October 9 at St. James Church, 184 S. Finley Ave. in Basking Ridge
- Thursday, October 10, at the Mendham Area Senior Housing (MASH) located at One Heritage Drive in Mendham
- Wednesday, October 16 at the Long Hill Municipal Building, 915 Valley Rd. in Gillette
- Friday, October 18 at the Peapack-Gladstone Municipal Building, 1 School St. in Peapack
- Saturday, October 19 at the Bernards Township Community Center, 289 S. Maple Ave. in Basking Ridge
One clinic will be held from 12 Noon to 2 p.m. on:
- Thursday, October 10, at the Chester Area Senior Housing (CASH) located at 1 Cole Court in Chester
Two clinics will be held from 3:30 pm to 5:30 on:
- Wednesday, October 16 at the Bernardsville Library, 1 Anderson Hill Road, Bernardsville
- Tuesday, October 22 at the Bernards Township Community Center, 289 S. Maple Ave. in Basking Ridge
The cost of the flu shot is $25 for residents and $35 for non-residents and the flu shots are also available for no charge for those with a valid Medicare Part B card. Participants should consult with their doctor before receiving the flu vaccine. Clinical services are provided by the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills.
Parents should note that New Jersey law requires that children up to 59 months of age attending any licensed child-care center or pre-school facility, must receive at least one dose of influenza vaccine between September 1st and December 31st of each year. To assist parents in obtaining this vaccination for their pre-school child, the Bernards Township Health Department has scheduled our Seasonal Flu Shot clinics to include children who are age 4 and older in addition to administering flu shots to adults.
For additional information, call the Bernards Township Health Department at (908) 204-2520.
The Bernards Township Health Department is the contractual health agency for Bernards Township, Bernardsville Borough, Chester Borough, Long Hill Township, Mendham Borough, and Peapack and Gladstone Borough.