The Bernards Township Health Department in conjunction with Morristown Medical Center Community Health has scheduled a FREE Stroke Screening on Wednesday, May 15th from 1 pm to 4 pm in the Peapack and Gladstone Borough Hall located at 1 School Street in Peapack, NJ.
Pre-registration is required at 908-204-2520. The screening includes evaluation of total cholesterol, total cholesterol to HDL ratio, and blood sugar check. Fasting is not necessary. In addition, blood pressure, pulse check and carotid artery exam will be conducted.
- Stroke can happen to anyone at any time.
- Up to 80% of strokes are preventable.
- At any sign of stroke, call 911, do not wait. Note the time of the first symptom.
- Stroke is the fourth leading cause of death in America
FAST: Remember these signs…
- FACE: Ask the person to smile, does one side of the face droop?
- ARMS: Ask the person to raise both arms. Does one arm drift downward?
- SPEECH: Ask the person to repeat a simple phrase. Is their speech slurred or strange?
- TIME: If you observe any of these signs, call 9-1-1 immediately!
Extracted from: www.stroke.org
Registration is required at for the Stroke Screening with appointments between 1 pm and 4 pm. To schedule an appointment, contact the Bernards Township Health Department at 908-204-2520.
The Bernards Township Health Department is the contractual health agency for Bernards Township, Bernardsville Borough, Chester Borough, Long Hill Township, Mendham Borough, and Peapack and Gladstone Borough.